POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How about a contest....... : Re: How about a contest....... Server Time
31 Jul 2024 20:22:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How about a contest.......
From: Kyle
Date: 20 Mar 2007 13:34:20
Message: <589003dq1kbn9gjvq4834llibshptidukf@4ax.com>
On Sat, 17 Mar 2007 22:50:34 EST, "swampie" <nomail@nomail> wrote:

>Comments Please?

Instead of having a contest, how about having a round of ping-pong?  One player
creates a basic scene, and then another player takes that scene and adds his/her twist
to it.  The scene then goes back
and forth between the players for a predefined number of rounds.  Each pass between
the players can be posted in povray.binaries.images and povray.binaries.scene-files so
that everyone can observe the
progress.

Perhaps instead of just two players, it could become a round-robin event among a group
of players.  It would have to be somehow decided ahead of time who will be in the
group and the order in which to
pass the scene.  We'd probably have to account for players missing their round and/or
provide a time limit in which to complete changes.

I think either one of these ideas would be fun.  It would likely have to be POV-Ray
only, since that would be the common software in use amongst us all.  There would be
no winners or losers, just a
fun way for different talents to collaborate on a common scene.

What do you think?

Kyle